Friday, November 27, 2009

Way, way back...

One of my favorite musicals is 'Joseph and the Amazing Technicolored Dreamcoat'. And if I ever get a chance to try-out for a part in it, I would go for the narrator. I love the whole idea of the narrator. Someone who is telling the story. And they start it..."way, way, back, many centuries ago, not long after the Bible began...." It is so much better than "once upon a time."
I like the concept of eternity - so long ago that the Bible had just begun - Garden of Eden time. One of the verses I have been finding re-appearing in my life over and over lately is Exodus 3:14 and echoed in John 8:58. God the I AM. Jesus the I AM and little old me with the audacity to say I am. Because of God and his gift to all of us, I am. I am a child of God, yesterday, today and for all time. The eternity. It is what makes me feel safe. I do not really understand those who fear the infinite. Who feel small next to it. Because of the GREAT I AM, I do not fear. At least not for my immortal soul...fire....now that's another thing. :D

2 comments:

  1. Yes, fire, that is another thing, isn't it☺


    Just stopping by with my Sunday wishes! I count meeting you in blogland as one of my newest and best blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, and I totally agree. :) Plus, I think I have the whole soundtrack to that musical memorized!

    ReplyDelete