Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Time once again for Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee's meme.

1. It's early morning, about 2:00AM, and you're driving home. You come to a red light and sit there. There is no one in sight for miles around. Do you wait it out or run the light?
Honestly, usually, but I have gone if I was in a huge hurry or if I was afraid that stopping that long might make me fall asleep.

2. If you had the chance to re-do the last 24 hours, would you change anything?
I would make it so my husband was employed locally and was HOME.

3. When you reply to someone's comment on your blog, do you reply in your comments or go to her blog and comment? (Or email her)
Still new to this and I don't think I have done this yet...

4. Your favorite Disney movie is:
Mulan

5. Do you recycle?
Yep. everything that I can in this area. Even though we have to take it someplace, no pick up here. Though I admit to not composting in the winter - too cold, ground too hard.

6. Games of strategy or games of chance?
Strategy every time. I like to feel I won on my own.

7. Do you have any recurring dreams?
Just one and it has happened maybe 5 times in the last 25 years. It is a discomforting dream and I really wish I would never have it again!

8. What did you learn from your first real job?
To smile and be friendly to people. They like you for it and make your life much more pleasant.

9. Do you buy or borrow most books?

Husband unemployed equals borrowing books - I am a BIG fan of libraries!

10. What fashion trend of the past did you say you'd never wear again but did?

I really can't think of one.

11. When do you start Christmas shopping?
The day after Christmas, I usually buy the next year's cards and maybe wrapping paper etc. But gifts I buy all year long. As I see something. There is a shelf in my closet that is covered in presents and I write them in my diary (in the back) so I don't forget to give something!

12. Have you ever been so happy that you literally jumped up and down for a few seconds? If so, what was the occasion?
ABSOLUTELY! I believe in sharing my happiness at all times. The most recent was a new stapler at work! :D

4 comments:

  1. I admire you for your practical side and about the new stapler and jumping for joy over it- I get that- I woulda done the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished reading a blessings blog where the mother listed her sons as great gifts. I see that you have mentioned gratitude for your girls. Children are just the best present in the world to a mother☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm making my Sunday thankfulness visits and see that you, too, are thankful for cell phones. Me, too. Mine has called for help when my car was up to its eyeballs stuck in snow! If that phone never did a good thing again - it sure paid for itself on that day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting that you mention two more Girl Scouts. Two of my grandsons were at Cub Scouts tonight! I remember being a Girl Scout when I was a child and my boys being Boy Scouts when they were little. My gosh, you sure brought back some memories for me, thanks☺

    ReplyDelete