Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Random Dozen #12

Lid over at 2nd Cup of Coffee is at it again. Here is her latest challenging Random Dozen meme.

1. If you could master one sport, what would it be?
I am about as sports oriented as an orange. On the other-hand I do have some 18 different kung-fu and tai chi forms...so. Ballet would have been my first choice, but not I enjoy the ShaoLin forms so I guess I will work on mastering that...only some 300 more forms to go :D
2. When you make a major purchase, do you go with your gut instinct, or do you do research to make an informed decision?
I research, my hubby researches and then we go with our guts.
3. There is an old kids' game that says you can find out what your movie star name would be by using your middle name as your first name and the name of the street you grew up on as your last. What is your movie star name?
We moved too much... let's see, Ann School-Shanks-Center . Those are the ones I can remember and it doesn't sound too exciting - I hope my agent has a better idea!
4. Would you rather give up your favorite music or your favorite food?
Favorite food. Music is too integral to me....my kids maintain I have my own sound-track since I am ALWAYS humming.
5. There are two types of banana preferences. One is pristine yellow, almost to the point of being green; the other is spotty and more ripe. Which is your preference?
Green
6. Your favorite tree is?
I love trees...I love the lone tree in the middle of the field that has a great silhouette in the winter. I love the welcoming branches of an oak that begs kids to play in it...and down in Buenos Aires at the cemetery where Evita is buried, there is an ancient live oak tree that is HUGE. I love it. And, of course, there is the great 'upside down' tree at Kenyon College.
7. On a scale of 1-10, how tech savvy are you?
about 9. My family consults me, but I consult my bro-in-law for really tech stuff.
8. Has H1N1 touched your family?
nope. We keep washing out hands and trying to prevent, but with one in a college dorm, I am holding my breath.
9. Are you an analytical person, or do you just accept things the way they are without questioning or scrutinizing?
Analytical - I have to know why. Remember the little kids who ask 'why?' and when you answer them they say 'why?' again and again...that is me.
10. Is your personality more like that of a dog, cat, or Koala?
I don't really know much about koala, but you usually see pictures of them alone, so I guess that would be me. Doesn't this one look like he is getting ready to do kung fu with his staff! :D

11. Do you keep in touch with friends you made years ago?
A few. I have one from high school and a few from college. But remember my mentioning the moving when I was growing up...well before Facebook and Twitter, you had to actually WRITE letters with a pen/pencil and paper. And it took forever to get a reply. So friendships tended to fizzle out.
12. You are checking out at a grocery store. In the express lane, there are more people than the regular lanes, but of course, their load is less than those in the regular lanes. Which lane do you choose (assuming you qualify for the express lane) and why?
My assumption is that whichever lane I get in, it will stop. There will be a price check and a problem with the check they are writing and the manager will be at lunch or whatever! I just plan to take my time and visit with the others in line and if by some miracle I am not in line for more than 10 minutes, I think how lucky the day is and maybe I should get a lottery ticket. (I never do! :D)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, your answers tickled my funny bone! You really DO like trees! Your karate kickin'koala photo is great too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the photo of your tree!! that's fun.

    I wanted to let you know that you could substitute raisins or nuts or a combo of both in the pumpkin bread recipe... we just always use chocolate because that's our favorite ;)

    ReplyDelete