Thursday, May 14, 2009

wyrms and squirms and maybe some germs

Well, I actually have people who have read this!!! Yay

It has been an odd day. I have joined a book discussion group on-line and so I have to read the book (new concept - I fought reading anything required in high school and still tend that direction) And this from a reader. I read everything - cereal boxes, subway ads, billboards, books, 10 year old magazines at the doctor's office - anything, as long as I don't have to read it. So I am disciplining myself to do this reading. That too is a little new to me. I am not much on self-discipline, though on one of those fb quizzes recently, my native American name was Imala, meaning disciplines.
I found that interesting. I couldn't decide if that meant disciplines as in punishment or as in following. I chose following. And I am working at living up to that.

And as to germs, is anyone really scared of the swine flu? I had it 30 years ago when they used live whatever for the vaccine. I was one of the lucky ones who got it and it was miserable, but I survived. So did a friend of mine, but he had a different experience, he got Guillain Barres syndrome and was paralyzed for 8 or 9 months and had to learn how to walk all over again. But both of these reactions were from taking the vaccine. Now I am leary. I figure my chances are ok just washing my hands a lot. But work has gone beyond that. They have issued us HUGE bottles of anti-bacterial lotion and encourage us to use it often and to encourage our customers to use it too.
I have some reservations about that too. If we kill off all the bacteria, how will our bodies learn to function. We need bacteria in our systems - in our stomaches etc. So if we kill all bacteria, what about the good ones that we need???

No comments:

Post a Comment