Tuesday, May 5, 2009

5 May 2009

Again...
I just read an article about a man who threw a 3 month old baby from his car. The child died. WHY? Why would anyone do that? He wasn't mad at the child, he was mad at the child's mother. And he didn't even have any right to be mad at her, if one can use that word here. He was not her husband, nor the child's father. He was simply obsessed with her. If you can ever call obsession simple.
And the result is a child thrown away. Literally. I want to scream and yell and jump up and down in front of this man and ask why? I want him to have a reason, because I hate to think that things happen for no reason. But it really is as I tried to teach my kids. Life's not fair and sometimes there is no reason.
Many years ago, I was a fertility problem. Tried and tried to conceive and it was so heart-rending to fail each month. I became very emotional. When I heard about babies left at hospitals or hurt like this, or teens who did not want a child who were pregnant, I would cry for hours. Now I have 2 grown daughters and the emotional levels are a little more balanced, but I still want to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment