Thursday, May 21, 2009

planting

OK, I'll bet we are not the only ones expanding our garden. It is a little ironic, since for the last several years we have been shrinking it. But I have a fruit cellar and I know how to can and freeze and otherwise preserve quite a few things, so we are expanding again.
My peas are about to blossom and the onions look great. No sign of potatoes yet, but they are in the ground. Last night TheaterTech, TT, and I planted the other root veggies, beets, carrots, radishes, that sort of thing. It was the worst time planting I have ever had. And I have seen a few seasons!
The bugs were voracious! On a whole bugs ignore me and I ignore them. They have their job, I have mine. But last night they were going for ME and I have the welts on my face to prove it! I have hiked, camped and traveled in swamps and never used repellent. If they wanted their few drops of blood, ok they had to live too. BUT last night was the worst. At one point I went to brush something from my chin and my hand came away like a war victim! Blood everywhere! This is more than the agreed upon drop!!
TT went out this morning to water the rows we planted and was back in minutes hollering for the bug spray. Took some searching, but finally found some from who knows when. Hope it helps him.

1 comment:

  1. The bugs aren't too bad up here. Too cold for 'em, I'm betting.

    I'll tell you what bugs me. I followed you here and tonight I put you on my dashboard follower thingy, so I could keep track of when you write new stuff and now I am following you twice and I don't know how to take one away to follow you once. I have done this to several other bloggers, but only just now figured out how I did it when I did it to you.

    Ugh! Sorry.
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete