Thursday, May 7, 2009

Growing up is hard to do!

Last night my youngest came home in distress. She was trying very hard not to cry. When questioned, it came out that her boyfriend has gotten a job in the college-town where he was to move in the fall. Only this job starts in 2 weeks. Gone are the summer days of saying good-bye. She is happy for him, glad he has employment and that everything is working out for the best.

BUT...and it is a huge BUT...she wasn't ready for it to happen so fast. In her words, 'it was suppose to take all summer to find work.' She had counted on the warm days of summer for comfort and a lingering time together, before the big separation as they head to separate campuses. Instead she is getting a surgical cut!

I remember when I moved to main campus and my boyfriend (now husband of nearly 31 years) wasn't moving with me. We were only 45 minutes apart, but it was still very hard. The joy I felt when he would show up unexpectedly! Still ranks as one of the top 10 moments in my life.

Daughter and BF will be 4 hours apart and with him working...it will be harder for them. Yes growing up is hard. She wants to be fair to him, but she is hurting. So she bawled in the shower last night and left home this morning with a smile on her face. Good girl - soon to be adult!

No comments:

Post a Comment