Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thankful Thursday

First off, I am thankful for a cousin who got me involved in the blog world, for her wonderful writing and great sense of humor - and the plug she put in for my blog doesn't hurt either!! :D Thanks Heidi.

Second, I am so thankful that I have tomorrow off!!! YAY. I love my job, but I need the time away too. The lawn if getting wild, the house needs cleaned and vacuumed, laundry needs done and I need a rest! Don't know what will happen tomorrow, but I am thankful for it!

Third, I am very thankful that God picked the right mate for me! Every time I think of him, I am again boggled at how good God is and how very lucky I am.

Fourth, I am thankful for garbage men! I took the garbage out tonight and I have to say how glad I am that I don't have to deal with the disposal of this trash. Now lest you think I am a real wastrel, we recycle all plastic, glass, metal, cardboard, newspapers and magazines. We compost all vegetable matter. But there is a certain amount of 'stuff' that doesn't fit into any of these categories. So far kitty litter is in that realm. I understand there are 'green' methods, but I admit that I haven't made that step yet, so in the meantime I am thankful for garbage men (or women)!


Fifth, I am thankful for all those who are praying for me right now. I know that there are family members who always keep us in their prayers. And there are church family who pray for us. And I suspect there are an army of folks praying prayers that we never imagine. Remember in the opening scenes of "It's a Wonderful Life", all those prayers are being heard in heaven? Well I suspect that there are always people praying for us in ways we never know about. Someone may be praying for a new Sunday School teacher, and it's you! Or someone may be praying for a kind word or smile and you are the answer. It's you. and me. And I am thankful for all of you!
Good night!

1 comment:

  1. I love that prayer grid picture. Glad you had a day off to do all that work, though I hope you just sat around and read a good book ;)

    Enjoy tomorrow! Whatever it brings.
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete