Wednesday, October 7, 2009

on being alone

I think, for the first time in my life, I am living alone. No I haven't split with TT, but he is working in New Jersey (or New Joisee, as we say it!) until after Thanksgiving. He has been unemployed since Jan 4 of this year so this is a good thing, but having him gone is definitely a two-sided coin. And since they are into overtime, Monday through Thursday are 10 hour days and then 8 hours each on Friday and Saturday, and since we are 7 hours away, it means he won't be home on weekends.
On the one side of the coin is the face. And on the face of it, things are good. More money coming in means more bills getting paid.
But the flip side is that the other side of the bed is empty and there is no one with whom the share the day's news. This is sad. I miss him a lot.
But on the other side, I don't have anyone complaining about the time I spend writing and reading the the world of blog-dom!
But on the other hand there is no one to hold me and make me feel needed.
I feel a little like Tevye in Fiddler on the Roof when he goes on and on and is trying to decide what is happening with his daughters....and on the other hand.....
There is something to be said for eating what you want when you want it and leaving the dishes until there are enough to make it worth it. And I love the freedom of making stops on the way home from work without having to worry about calling anyone or causing them to worry.


But I guess I would trade it all for a good hug! especially from TT!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I hope the time goes fast then. I enjoy some alone time to chill out and let things slide a bit, too. But, yes, I miss I.T. when he is away and this month his job is calling- also. At least I have Fash and Outside the Box lives here until Nov. 1.

    ReplyDelete