Sunday, October 25, 2009

Simple joys make a simple noise

Homework assignment from Easy Street: Create a list of simple things that you love and take for granted;

  • being able to walk and run without pain
  • the smell of coffee (hate the taste)
  • my husband vacuuming before my Girl Scout meeting
  • cold water
  • hot water
  • the big maple outside my house
  • my parent's love
  • God's love (I know it is always there, but sometimes I take it for granted!)
  • music - continuous and unceasing - either in reality or in my head (where reality only sometimes resides!)
  • the feel of rain on my skin (I've played in it, hiked in it and thought in it...it is a gift)
  • the steady ticking of the old Calumet clock in the kitchen
  • memories, old and new and yet to come
  • the ability to read and learn and remember (my daughter's dyslexia has made me more aware of the joys these abilities impart)
  • laughter! Both laughing and hearing it...it truly is a fairy's birth.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, you should link to Easy Street's assignment with this! It fits the bill. I love the one about hubby vacuuming,heehee. I also love the big red maple outside in front of your house- that's THEE TREE, the one with all the memories attached to it (where Susie and I would hide so we didn't have to do the dishes etc.) Go to Easy Street and link this up. Click on her link on my memory post, follow the directions she gives and sign in with Mr. Linky. It is easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this!! I'm so glad Heidi at 2Thinks had you link. I don't know that I've been over to your blog before. I'll be back!!

    ReplyDelete