Tuesday, December 29, 2009

out with the old, in with the new

Family visits, Christmas and work have kept me from my blog, so...here goes.

I have never really done New Year's resolutions. I try to always improve myself...not saying I succeed, but I try. But I find that what I have a problem with is letting go sometimes. Not just of the bad stuff. Sometimes even good stuff becomes too much stuff.
Soooo... I am going to try to rid myself of some of the old stuff and welcome the new.

Out with Gramma's braided rug (60 years old and still beautiful if you know someone who wants it!)
Out with all the old towels I NEVER use. (OK I will keep a couple for when the dog gets sprayed again! :D)
Out with clothes I haven't worn in over 2 years.
Out with boxes of stuff I haven't even looked in or missed in over 5 years!

In with new attitudes about who my children should be.
In with more letting go of things I do not need to control.
In with hope for a better today and tomorrow. (When I googled images of Hope, I found this and it spoke to my feelings of hope, so I thought I would share it with you. It is by Exper Giovanni Rubaltelli of Abstract Design. I hope I credited that correctly. There is a poem that goes with it that I liked also, but not with this theme, so maybe you will want to go check it out yourself.)



I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and may 2010 be a wonderful year for everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Noooooo!!!! Not the rug!!! Oh my goodness! If I had the room I would SO take it! I understand though. 60 years is kind old in rug years. haha Again Stella and I were so bummed about missing the GS get together. Darn weather! Hopefully we will get to see you guys in the summer. Oh here is a good website for those procedure dolls: community.kiwanisone.org/media/p/239/download.aspx

    ReplyDelete