Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Utah




Well, just back from Utah. Spent a week with my mom, hubby and darling daughters. Part of the time my youngest sis and her two daughters were there and part of the time another sis and her hubby were there. One still missing. :( (She and hubby opted to go with Mom to Switzerland...can't imagine why!) We had a great time seeing the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Cedar Breaks and several other rock formations. Also saw some great petroglyphs that always impress me.

We also discovered that eldest daughter had never played Yahtzee. So we remedied that and also learned Moose Farkle, one of her favorite games and played several hours of each. Lots of fun.

Best part of vacation is the time spent having fun. Even in the car can be fun if people are laughing and sharing anecdotes and making memories. One of my aunts used to call such moments memory-makers. We had a lot of those.

1 comment:

  1. Hi KD,

    Your trip looks awesome! The Grand Canyon is on our list of 'must see' places. I've heard that it is beyond breath-taking.

    I hear you about your daughter's hair. Picking battles is really great advice. When we try to control everything - that's when I think kids start to rebel. It's funny 'cause my boy loves his haircut. But, he's already talking about keeping for a month and then letting it grow back out. I knew it wouldn't last long - at least I thought it wouldn't. But, it's done alot for him maturity wise.

    Have a good weekend!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete