Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday's Fave Five







This is from my cousin, who has a wonderful blog mentioned elsewhere in this blog. She has been doing this - and she has pix, but I'm just going to try getting something down! :D


#1 - Freshly cut grass - by my wonderful hubby. Smells are some of the greatest memory stimulators. A whiff of newly cut grass, on a summer's evening, with lightning bugs and the hoya blooming, and suddenly I am 11 years old and playing kick the can with my cousins while our parents and grandparents played cards. If we stayed out of their way, we could stay up to the un-heard of hour of eleven o'clock!!


#2 - Anoles that live WAY longer than they are suppose to! My daughter made a terrarium as a science project in 2003. She was homeschooled and we were studying river banks, coasts etc and the life around them. She created this 30 gallon habitat for an anole that was predicted to live about 3-4 years. Well it is now 2009 and Lady, as she was named, is still doing fine. And I find her strangely more appealing than the cats and dog who also occupy our abode.

#3 - Pot roast in the oven when I got home today! YAY! TheaterTech followed directions and it smells heavenly!!! See above comment on smells :D

#4 - My heels are feeling better. After my last post, my daughter pushed her anti-inflammatories on me and they seem to be helping!!! Hallelujah! This is me kicking up my heels! It was this or a Bette Grable pose! :D






#5 -This is almost a year since our Mediterrean Cruise taken to celebrate our 30th anniversary. In front of me is a calendar we bought in Sorrento to constantly remind me of the great time we had. We saw so many new and wonderful things. But the best part of all was that we found out we still like to be together and do things together and not just talk about the kids or work. It was wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent job on this! I love those flowers, they remind me of visiting Grandpa's house. I love the pic of you kicking up your heels, as well and the cruise sounds heavenly.

    If you want to make your flower picture be a link back to Susanne's blog at Living to Tell the Story- go to my blog, click on the Friday Fave button at the beginning of the post, that will take you to Susanne's post on her Friday Fave for this Friday, highlight the url for that post- it'll be up in the top blogger window and click with the left clicker on your mouse to save it. Go back to your dashboard, click on edit post for your Friday Fave post, highlight your flower picture, by clicking and dragging over it. When it is highlighted, click on the icon of the link, it looks kind of like a chain w/a lock or something- it's in the toolbar that shows when you are creating a post. Paste Susanne's URL in the pop up box that comes up when you click on the link icon and click save (sometimes you have to get rid of the "http:/" that automatically shows up in the box, first). Now your flower is a link back to Susanne's Friday Fave post, which gives her credit for this particular meme, as she is the designer of it. When someone clicks on your flower, it goes back to her blog.

    If this doesn't work out, forget about it. Just saying, in case you want to learn a new trick.

    I'm glad you joined in with Friday Fave. See you again next Friday?
    Love you!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 totally reminded me of being at your house for scouts in the summer. Ohh..those were some good times. I really felt so peaceful at your home. :)

    Also, I didn't know you went on a cruise to the Mediterrean! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete