Tuesday, July 21, 2009

ouch


My ankles hurt! Or maybe it is my heels. Not sure. I have heel spurs and they are BOTH aggravated. Doesn't seem fair that they should both be inflamed at the same time! Over a year ago I started doctoring with a pro for the right heel. Two months into the process I broke my little toe on the right foot. Totally. Major coloring and lots of pain. Of course, there is nothing they do for it except tape it to the neighboring toe and tell you to do the wedding walk. The wedding walk you say...that is when you take a step forward and then bring the rear foot even with the forward step. The idea is to NOT bend the toe at the joint, which is where my break was. So 5 weeks later all is healed and I have the ok to start walking normal again.
TWO day - yes, I said 2 days - later I was in a hurry to get to work and tripped on a rug in the dining room. I went to make the little running steps you do to regain your balance, and my life changed! It felt like someone took a baseball bat to the back of my leg. My right leg, of course.
After an MRI it was determined that I had torn the Achilles tendon about 70%. Any more and they would have wanted to do surgery. For me, they just put the foot in a boot and immobilized the foot for 3-4 months. The tendon seems to be doing pretty well, but I am told it can take up to 2 years to fully heal, so I need to be patient.
But the original heel spurs are NOT improved. They hurt. I am not convinced that anything the doctor did helped. I kinda think if he had just ordered me to stay off my feet for a week or two and given me anti-inflammatories, it might have been over by now. Without his order, I couldn't take time from work and I am on my feet the whole time I am at work.
Thanks for listening, I felt the need to whine a little. It does make me feel a little better! :D

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! Big time ouch! Oucha roo, actually! Yeeoowww!

    I am very sorry this happened to you. I hope it will heal quickly.
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete