Tuesday, March 15, 2011

new beginnings

At 70+ years of age, my hero, my mother is beginning yet another new adventure. She bought a house! Just around the corner from us. It is a small 2 bedroom neat little house. And she is already planning all the changes she is going to make. New paint, remove carpet, knock out a wall, re-do kitchen, etc. It is amazing.

And it seems to me to be a sign. New beginnings....isn't that what Lent is about? Starting over, preparing for Easter and the resurrection, the start of the best gift we have ever received. So I am celebrating today, I celebrate that Mom CAN begin another project, I celebrate that Christ died for me and for you and I celebrate the snow drops blooming and signaling hope for spring. Amen

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful! I celebrate these things with you. Is your mom in the house now? Perhaps we will see it this weekend- we're coming to your neighborhood for an 80th birthday party of another amazing relative of ours. :)

    ReplyDelete