Sunday, September 20, 2009

Memes


I found an interesting meme at 2 Thinks to Share who found the interesting meme at Heart2Heart, who found the interesting meme at My Little Corner of the World....and it goes like this: Teresa gave me five words, each of which I am going to expound upon, so you can get to know me better. If you'd like to play along, leave me a comment with your e-mail address included and I will send you five words to expound upon, so we can get to know you better. Here are my five,

Trust This is a word I take very seriously. My hubby has been un-employed since the first of the year. His place of employment just closed. No severance of any kind, but he did qualify for unemployment. We have been living on my part-time income and his free-lance income and so far all the bills have been paid and we have more than enough food on the table. The electric company overcharged us for May through July by estimating our usage. Then when they finally read the meter, they owed us so there was no bill in August and September - when we really couldn't afford it! I said this morning that it was almost as if God had planned it that way, and hubby said "He did!" We have trusted God and He has been good.

Low I have to admit the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this word, was "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot coming for to carry me home." One of my all-time favorites. I think I will just let that stand.

Memory I have been blessed with an aunt who is an A-type personality. She plans things to the nth degree and really over does some things. But because of her we have RIFF RAFF (Ride In Fun For Relatives And Family Friends) and Cousins Camp and many other memories. She calls them 'memory-makers.' She made a point of reminding us that these were tomorrow's memories. And because of that I tend to try to suck every memory I can from any event. I try to 'freeze-frame' it in my head to share at a later date. And the sharing is an important part of the memory - otherwise it is selfish collecting. Memories are shared. They need to be shared to remain fresh, to remind us of those persons who have gone on before us.

Giant Big, huge, enormous. I never seem to think of them as evil or monstrous - just big. Like the Jolly Green Giant or the Giant Sequoias. I wonder if the giant in Jack and the Bean Stalk just got bad publicity?

Baby I desperately wanted a baby. I wanted a whole slew of them. But in His infinite reason, God only gave us 2. And it took 6 years to get the first one and 5 for the second. And they have been worth EVERYTHING it took to get them. I know many people who have adopted because the desire for children is so strong. I understand. I wanted a baby. I wanted to hold that infant and see he/she grow and introduce him/her to the wonders of the world. Thank you Lord, I was granted that wish.
Now they are young women, and I wonder if babies are again in my future. Not too soon, but maybe I will again get to hold a child and marvel at all the trust he/she has in me, as I bend low to pick them up, as I share memories with them in a giant way. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Nice meme answers. And thanks for the link! I'm with you on the "baby" one- maybe someday- babies in our life again, right?

    Hope everyone is well over there. Hello to T. and anyone else who currently lives with you that I know.

    Here. We're good.

    ReplyDelete